People have used castor oil for centuries and for different reasons. The multi-purpose vegetable oil made by extracting oil from the seeds of the Ricinus communis plant.
Castor is used in a number of medicinal, industrial and pharmaceutical processes and commonly used as an additive in foods.
Many people use castor oil to treat a variety of issues, either by ingesting the oil or applying it to the skin.
Growing up as a person of color, castor oil was commonly used for conditions like constipation and stomach cleansing.
HERE ARE 5 THINGS CASTOR OIL CAN HELP YOU WITH:
– To Keeps Your Hair and Scalp Healthy – Your dry and damaged hair and scalp can benefit a great deal from castor oil. Applying it to your scalp helps lubricate the hair shaft, increasing flexibility and decreasing the chance of breakage.
– To reduces acne – Castor oil has qualities that may help reduce acne. Applying castor oil to the skin may help reduce inflammation-related symptoms( According to Clinical and Aesthetics). Castor oil has antimicrobial properties that help fight bacterial overgrowth when applied to the skin.
– A Laxative – Castor oil is as a natural laxative. When taken orally, castor oil is broken down in the small intestine, releasing ricinoleic acid, the main fatty acid in castor oil. The ricinoleic acid is then absorbed by the intestine, stimulating a strong laxative effect.
– To Moisturize – Castor oil is rich in a monounsaturated fatty acid called ricinoleic acid which can retain moisture by preventing water loss through the outer layer of the skin.
– For inflammation – Ricinoleic acid, the main fatty acid found in castor oil, has impressive anti-inflammatory properties. Castor oil can reduces inflammation and relieves pain.